- Preferred skill set should include .NET 4.0, ASP.NET MVC, LINQ, Entity Framework, Nunit, JQuery/AJAX/JSON and some streaming video and media related technologies.
- Specific skill set should include building web applications, web services, windows services in C#.
- Advanced experience across the software development life cycle, from analysis to support with strong customer service and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices and agile methods including pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration experience working on a Scrum team in a co-located environment.
- Advanced experience reading and translating data, process and business models into technical designs.
- Must be a mature coder with ability to implement and coach clean code, patterns, testing, profiling/analytics and other advanced methods.
- BS or MS/MBA in Computer Science, MIS, business or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Experience in developing and consuming RESTful web services
- Experience with web video streaming, players; web image and audio.
- Experience with c#/asp.net (or similar language for integration and server-side web)
- Experience with OOD/Principles
Duration: 9 months with possible contract to hire
Position Description:The Senior Software Developer is responsible for analysis, design, coding, integration, implementation, and support of custom and packaged software applications for various News projects and applications; facilitate or perform analysis of customer and vendor requirements and create or approve detailed program design specifications for high complexity user interfaces, application enhancements, new functionality, and backend processes in collaboration with customers, Business System Analysts, and other project team members. Assist project management and the team with task definition, cost and time estimates and project status. Develop and modify complex applications using programming tools. Document all code using standard forms and procedures, and review others' work as appropriate. Assist others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs. Provide guidance and task direction to other developers. Facilitate communication and problem resolution between ""technical"" and ""functional"" groups. Work with Quality Assurance to participate in unit, system, and user acceptance testing. Work with Architecture and other infrastructure groups as applicable to determine and implement complex system hardware requirements that may involve multiple platforms, databases, peripherals, or other technology. Provide production support for applications by assisting others with complex problem resolution, and respond with solutions to both functional and technical issues in a timely manner. Work with Business Analysts, Project Managers, or other management to recommend process or system enhancements. Work with DBAs and other team members to ensure logical and physical data models and relationship diagrams are completed and executed according to methodology and user requirements. Perform or assist in the creation of back-end databases and work with DBA's to implement a turnover plan. Identify data mappings and perform gap analysis for third party data conversions into/from client core systems.
Copyright © 2020 - All Rights Reserved - qsoftwarejobs.com